Tuesday 20 January 2009

A Breath of fresh air?

Got back yesterday from a short 2 day ski trip, may seem a bit of a trek to some, but It was great to spend a couple of days with the guys, as usual skid the arse off it and had plenty of laughs, so every ones a winner.

Any way back to reality, the journey to Bexley wing is just about auto pilot, and once again have to sing the praises of all staff in Radiotherapy room '5'

I am amazed that my average journey time is about, 45 mins, and by the time I have parked, checked in, treatment is less than 10 minutes, I am back out on the road to Guiseley, all in all a 2 hour round trip.

When I arrived tonight there were 2 male radiographers, and although I only remove my trousers, lie on a bed face down, it is a little daunting knowing that while one of them is setting the coordinates for zapping, the other is pulling down my undies, and drawing felt pen on my rear end, now not many guys can say that they have experienced that?

Early days of treatment but at this stage no signs of any side effects other than little more tired than usual (put that down to the skiing) and certainly no soreness on lower regions, Sharon is adamant that cream application is not her domain!!

One side effect that I have experienced is a massive increase in wind, I didn't think the human body was capable of storing so much, and I don't need to explain how risky and reluctant it is at my age to think you can just 'let go' without the need for a complete change of clothing, and a dry cleaners?

Any way all so far so good, just got an e-mail yesterday from an old friend who is now living in Kent, and she is planning trip back to Leeds in February with her now very grown up children, looking forward to that.

Obama has just started his inauguration and it appears to be a breath of fresh air for the people of America, no such fresh air here, I've just let one go, excuse me!!!

speak soon

Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment