Wednesday 4 February 2009

Bonanza Bottom


It has been a couple of weeks since my last up-date, wasnt really sure if peole were that interested in what was going on day to day, I am pleased to say they appear to be, so here goes.

Prior to the start of chemo and radiotherapy, all patients are (for obvious reasons) informed about all possible side effects, which for the record were:- tiredness / feeling cold and shivery / nausea, and worst of all a soreness around the bottom region, described by the nurse as really bad sunburn.
Any way up until last Thursday the only side effect was the occasional bout of tiredness, which even I could cope with, or so I thought?
If you acknowledge that every day for almost 3 weeks my bottom area is being 'zapped' with a radio wave to kill off the unwanted cancer, you can imagine what it is doing to other more sensitive parts of my private parts!!!
I realise it isn't a topic that most people would consider discussing, but let me tell you the last 4 days I have what I can only describe as 'Bonanza Bottom' and for all you 40+ year olds that is as near a description as I can give.
Nurse ! Nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment