Thursday 15 January 2009

1st Treatment Day


Thursday 15th Jan


Start of 5 week regime, 1,800 mg of chemo in tablet form - 3 x 500mg + 2 x 150 mg taken after breakfast, just about finished fruit 'n' fibre, not looking forward to tablets, massive apprehension about possible side effects, but hey I have to accept they know what they are doing!!!
Sharon (my resident nurse) has prepared the tablets and glass of water ready for me, I have promised to buy her a proper nurses uniform, but that's another story!
Tablets taken at 8.30, getting ready for run around Otley Chevin, and off to St Jame's for 12.12pm, for first session of radiotherapy, I promise not to post any pictures of me receiving this, unless any one makes a special request?
As I mentioned yesterday in my first post, my intentions are to keep the blog factual and provide all information and up-dates, as some of the detail will be retrospective for anything that happened within November '08' and up to early Jan '09' I will set any historic info in another colour typeface, e.g. following on from my original post yesterday.
After my visit to GP, he suggested just to be cautious a check up at St Lukes in Bradford, appointment made 28th November @ 8.40am, I thought nice and early get it out of the way and back home for say 10.00?
Once again, little did I know what was to be revealed?

No comments:

Post a Comment