Monday 16 March 2009

Alopecia (on my arse?)

Hey sorry for the bold or should i say 'bald' title?

Well if it wasnt for my pal Broady, who appeared to be the only regular visitor to my blog, I have not up-dated for about 5 weeks, so here goes for my latest instalment.

Any way the 5 week course was completed 3 weeks ago, and i have to once again to make referance to all of the wonderful staff at 'The Bexley Wing' and a very big thanks to Linda my resident nurse who is an inspiration to all of the health authority.
I can assure any one who is fortunate to have any course of support or treatment with that team will feel very secure and wanted, thats how i felt!!!!

The latter part of treatment i did experience the worst soreness around my 'bottom region' and staff especially Linda were very helpful in prescribing every sort of cream, dressing, tablet, but even i thought i had a high pain threshold, it was on occasion absolute agony, and the period of healing was even worse, because as my bottom had become blistered and skin broken down, if i needed to go to the toilet it was very painful indeed, to the point where it became a mental thing, the thought of eating sweetcorn and later having to pass '1' actual corn was giving me nightmares, any way i think you get the message.

As i said 5 weeks went by pretty quickly Mac kindly took me down to the Bexley wing one Friday afternoon, i introduced him to the staff and he got a tour of the treatment room and mini talk on the kit and what it did.

What the staff didn't know was that we wanted to just get down to the Scarborough Taps in Leeds for a couple of beers, any way a big thanks to Mac.

The soreness lasted about 2 weeks and slowly became more healed and much easier to live with, to the point today, i would say it is back to normal, or is it?

I had been warned about the many forms of side effects, Nausea / Tiredness / Sensitive skin, and due to the low doseage Hair Loss wasn't one of them, so i was quite happy to be retaining my silver fox hair.

I have noticed purely by chance, that i have been experiencing hair loss round my nether regions, to the point where in places it is actually bald!
I know some people are into the 'clean shaven' look but this is new territory for me.

I assume it will grow back, if it does do i have to get the razor out or i have found a website that supplies wigs and hair peices - now that would be an interesting phone request!!!!!

Broady sorry this one goes on a bit, I have 2 scans in the next couple of weeks, and i am told operation w/c 6th or 13th April?

I promise to keep you all posted.

regards

Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment